Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Story Behind The Story

Here's some stuff I failed to whine about that's been happening:

I got my bank card stolen, AGAIN! I've been carrying my card around in my back pocket for years. Nothing has ever happened, and I like having a means to pay for something in a pinch. But now twice in the last six months it was stolen, and used. This time over 500 dollars was charged to one Home Depot and over 400 dollars to a Lowes. Why are these stores accepting HUGE charges with no ID? I couldn't access my checking account all week and it will be at least another week before the charges are straightened out. So I've been living on a credit card cash advance and my rent check almost, but didn't, bounce.

I lost my digital camera. I had it with me during the Liza concert and I took it out several times for pictures. I assume that one time I thought I put it back in my bag but missed. Or it fell through a rip in the bag. Either way I didn't have it the next morning. The only saving grace, the pictures that I managed pretty much sucked. I found a replacement on EBay that I'm hoping to win at auction tomorrow. But I still have to replace the media card as well and the whole thing is an expense I don't need right now. Of course, this whole whine is retarded. I do have a 2.1 megapixel digital tucked into the back of my closet. But my better camera is 5.1 megas. So I'm in effect bitching because if I had to, I would be forced to use my second inferior digital camera. I'm an asshole. Sorry.

I got up yesterday and The Hellcat's dog was there to greet me. But once again no Hellcat. I was cursing him out in my head as I took Jet down for a walk and then The Hellcat's dog. Shortly after The Ex got up and informed me that The Hellcat was out of town for the day and that The Ex agreed to take care of the dog. A couple hours later The Ex went to an afternoon party, and didn't return till after 9 pm. Of course I had already walked and fed both dogs a second time. Well, since they were taken care of, The Ex assured me he would walk The Hellcat's dog in the morning. Like the poor thing couldn't use a walk before bed. You know that at 3 am I was walking Jet and at 3:30 The Hellcat's dog went down. May I remind you it's a 5th floor walk up? Good thing I'm in sound cardiovascular shape. So today I get up and confirm by e-mail that The Hellcat's dog was walked. Yep. And fed too. Problem was The Hellcat didn't leave any food for today, and The Ex is an idiot. So he gave him the last of Jet's food. Which I discovered after I had walked down and up 5 flights to go to the grocery store. So apparently the second class citizen in my own home now extends to my dog. Sucks to be my kid.

Judging by my e-mail and sparse comments, people have noticed the dearth of real sex posts lately here. It's not that I've found god (I didn't even know he was missing) or suddenly got prudish. It's that except for the occasional slap and tickle at the gym, I'm not having sex. My ongoing digestive problems, coupled with a general lack of self-esteem due to not being able to keep a good steady job, have left me feeling decidedly undesirable and un-sexy. I don't really want to meet anyone. I don't want to explain why I have a Wednesday afternoon free to hook up. And my hair is getting really long. If I go a couple of days without shaving, I feel like this crazy unkempt old guy. So. Not. Hot.

Dog related story. I was walking Jet tonight and came upon a car sized tarp under which, I assumed, was construction material. Not a stretch at all. In my neighborhood you'll find two schools, three hospitals, a synagogue, a city park and the Police Training Academy. Something is always being built, repaired or tore up. But because it was big, and it wasn't there yesterday, Jet began to growl and bark at it. As I do, I went up to it, reassuring Jet that there was nothing to be afraid of. I slapped it with my hand a couple of times.

"It's OK, Jet. See?"

From under the tarp:

"Yeah?"

"Oh! .... Sorry... Someone's living in there Jet. Let's go."

I should have known. In Manhattan, if it's big enough for someone to live in, chances are someone's living in it.

UPDATE: Thank you for the complement Randy. And I won the Ebay auction to replace my camera. I don't bid a lot on EBay I usually just go ahead and buy it if I find something, and the few times I bid I lost. That was exciting. I see why people get hooked. Anyway, I replaced my camera for 1/3 of what it normally sells for. Sucks that I had to do it, but oh well.

No comments: