Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I'm Traumatized!

So yesterday I decide to make myself a hearty lunch/brunch. It was a rainy day but I managed to get a break to get the dog walked. While I was takin' care of his bidness I had on a pot of black beans and rice. After I got him home and fed I went back down (5 flights !!) for a newspaper, a dozen eggs and some chips. I was hoping my deli had some Frito's Scoops! They only had the regular size. So I opted for this here bag of Ruffles Cheddar and Sour Cream:


Once the rice & beans cooked up and I scrambled up 4 eggs and a slice of swiss, I poured myself a V8, laid out a handful of vitamins and acidolphous and settled on the couch to have a meal. I opened the bag of chips and the newspaper, and started eating my meal and absentmindedly munching on some potato chips. Engrossed in the lurid details of how the guy that supposedly killed JonBenet Ramsey was no longer charged (even though he's obviously guilty of something totally perverted) I ate a forkfull of eggs and rice, followed by another dip into the chips. that's when things went horribly wrong. My fingers closed on something far too solid to be a chip. Pulling my hand out of the bag, I was confronted with a nugget of unknown origin:


It was about the size of a Chicken McNugget. I was a little repulsed, but having already eaten half the bag it seemed a little pointless to freak out. It wasn't rat shaped, and I didn't observe any whiskers, hairs, or human fingernails. Still, this clearly didn't belong in the bag. I did eat a couple more chips, but eventually I couldn't be brave enough and threw the rest of the contents out. I didn't talk myself into being sick or nauseous or horribly poisoned. The title of the post is totally for effect. I'm hardly traumatized.

Eventually I decided to document the experience with my lovely replacement digital camera. I finally broke the nugget in two and determined that I had a chunk of whatever they coat the Sour Cream and Cheddar chips with. That's all:



Although I'm confident the Frito-Lay company doesn't intend to send this kind of product out for public consumption, I don't think I have grounds for a lawsuit. And I abhor how litigious this country has become. But I've definitely decided to forward this post to the folks at Frito-Lay. If for no other reason than I'll post the response and maybe I'll get some coupons and free shit.

Dear Frito-Lay people, I like Frito's Scoops! and anything Ruffles. I detest the entire line of anything "Baked".

No comments: