Friday, August 25, 2006

411

Went to a HIV+ support group that meets every Thursday evening. I was late all day yesterday so I missed the first 1/2 hour but I still found the discussion lively and in progress. I don't go every week. Sometimes something else is going on, sometimes I forget it's Thursday. But every time I do make it I end up walking around in a much better mood the rest of the night. Even if the conversation gets heavy or raw. It makes me think, and that's always good. And I guess I leave feeling, not so much less alone, but with a sense of camaraderie. For better or worse a part of something with a lot of other people. If you've never been, I highly recommend trying to find one in your area.

A new class of HIV drugs called integrase inhibitors show real promise in virus supression.

Out of Control: AIDS in Black America. Watch the video links. Read the articles. This is here. This is now. This is home.

Spent the rest of the last couple days shoring up my vast financial empire. Everything isn't perfect but I feel like the wolves are no longer howling at the door. I still know they're out in the woods though.

And Also ...

I spent the rest of this afternoon and evening answering help wanted ads on-line. I love The Internets and how it's become perfectly acceptable to apply on-line. I remember very well when you had to pound the pavement for jobs only to arrive at a "bartending" job at a diner with 3 stools. Plus it was exhausting.

I got a fit of determination late today and finally located the missing remote to my bedroom TV. Now I don't have the daunting task of adjusting the volume with the button on the TV. Whew! And while I didn't locate the extra printer USB cable I bought the other day, I did find the one I thought I threw out that I bought the replacement for. AIDSheimer's, it's not just for breakfast anymore.

And is it just me, or does anyone else have a dog that sits directly in the doorway of the only way in or out of a room, looking at you like he can't imagine how this is a problem for you? If I didn't love him so much I'd punt him like a football.

No comments: