Tuesday, August 29, 2006

And The Emmy Goes To ...

I actually flipped between the Emmy Awards and The Discovery Channel special on New Orleans and the hurricane. That's when I wasn't watching Cristy have a total meltdown. In all the coverage there was a lot of controversy about the plane crash opening. What the hell? It wasn't a plane crash opening. It was a parody. Part of a series of parodies. They did Lost, they did The Office, they did South Park among others. And of course it was filmed in advance. If they had cut the Lost opening the whole piece wouldn't have made sense. I am so sick of this PC bullshit. Why don't they stop showing Lost altogether until people "recover" from the "trauma" of the plane crash? Don't get me wrong, I'm sorry people died in a plane crash. I just don't think we need to eliminate all references to planes, crashes, corn fields, corn chips, ears of corn and (Project) Runways until some sort of appropriate time (decided by who?) passes. It's comedy, and all the lazy, dumbass "professional" newspaper writers should know better.

Oh, and I agree with him. Candace, what the hell were you thinking? No, no, a thousand times no. Image and fug - via Go Fug Yourself.

No comments: