Thursday, August 17, 2006

So You Think You Can Dance - Recap (Exposed!)


I know. Seemingly not me, but we all have our guilty pleasures. And I do love dance. And dancer butt. mmmmm. Where was I?

Yeah, so I loved the final show, as well as the final four. I pretty much agreed every time someone was offed from the show. Donyelle was the weakest of the four, but she is freakin' gorgeous on camera. It's nice that she's not a little size 00. Unfortunately, her current weight seems to hold her back. She seems to tire out at the halfway point of most of her numbers, and if you watch closely, she has a tendency to cheat. She doesn't always finish her movements. And her body line is off. I was kind of surprised Heidi wasn't in the final two. Not that I thought she deserved it, I'm just surprised the voting went with two guys in the final. I would have been satisfied with any of the final three at the end. They were all great dancers.

If I had to pick, I would have gone with Travis. I'm not saying Benji wasn't good. In fact, he is the better showman of the two. He's better at selling the number and telling a story through both his body and his face. Benji is ready now to be on Broadway as a dancer. But Travis is technically the better dancer. He's stronger, his body line is prettier. He hits his marks harder and more convincingly. And if he's this poised at 18, he's only going to improve from here. Besides, I haven't found any pictures of Benji in drag. Travis, well....



As long as I'm on the reality show kick. Did you see Project Runway this week yet? Not to worry, Bravo will re-run it nine hundred times. Was anyone else traumatized by seeing Laura's tiny, sagging middle-aged titty peeking out of her dress? Ah well, at least it got me over the trauma of viewing Survivor winner and convicted felon Richard Hatch's weiner at the end of Another Gay Movie.

No comments: