Monday, August 07, 2006

Another Gay Movie

Went out with The Hellcat last night. Nothing major just a movie and a bite to eat after. I wanted to see Another Gay Movie. It was covered in the local gay mags. Articles about the cute guys in the movie. Interviews about getting the movie made, that sort of thing. It's a comedy, I wasn't expecting it to change the world. Maybe some of the stunt casting should have been a giveaway. Graham Norton, Scott Thompson, Lypsinka and Survivor Richard Hatch to name a few "stars" that make appearances. What I don't understand is why in all the coverage nobody bothered to state the obvious. The movie absolutely SUCKED. Seriously. It was beyond bad. Everything about it was a painful waste of 10 dollars and an hour and a half of my life. The acting, the (lack of) direction, the writing, even the costuming was bad, bad, bad. It was a comedy that didn't make me so much as chuckle. There was nothing funny about it. The gay content was beyond stereotypical into downright stupid and offensive. And I'm notoriously hard to offend. I would have left after the first half hour, but it was like a car crash at that point. I couldn't look away. I went to the website for the movie and found a "director's statement". He actually thinks his "film" is some sort of political statement pushing the envelope against censorship. It's not, it's total crap. I'm not the curmudgeonly type, but folks, if this movie makes it to your city don't waste your money it's a really, really BAD MOVIE. At least here you can count on getting the truth.

No comments: