Friday, August 04, 2006

In The News

Con Ed is promising a credit to Queens residents who suffered in a week-plus blackout. Lucky, lucky residents can look forward to a whopping 3 DOLLAR credit in their next bills. I can't even believe they had the nerve to say it out loud.

A genius Brooklyn crackhead sent an envelope containing a white powder to a police station house. "Ha Ha, [you] thought it was anthrax. F - - - you," Abdullah Date, 18, allegedly scribbled. He also taunted: "Catch me if you can." Then he wrote his name, birthday and street address on the envelope.

There's been a lot of talk online and in the local papers about the new Oliver Stone movie World Trade Center. People are debating whether it is too soon to make this film. I wouldn't presume to say definitively yes or no. I can say I've had a visceral and negative gut reaction to the trailer ads. I'm not saying it looks bad or it's not well done. I'm saying I wrinkle my nose and turn my head away. I don't want to sit in a theater and relive this. It's too soon for me.

No comments: