Sunday, January 09, 2005

2004 Wrap up

It finally occurred to me how I wanted to approach my 2004 year in review. I didn't want to do a top ten list of movies or plays I've seen. Ditto the best circuit parties (yawn). Plus, I didn't go to any circuit parties. I didn't want to get all Deepak Chopra and list all the universal truths I've come to learn. I didn't want to bore you with all the fabulous places I've been and all the fabulous people I've met. 'Cause I haven't and I didn't.

Instead, I decided to really expose myself and link back to my year end wrap up last year, complete with my resolutions, to see what I accomplished and how much I'm completely full of shit, or devoid of ambition. Also, unlike other people's year end posts, mine proudly appears over a week late.

So here goes: (read last years post)

I did not re-learn French. I did amass a collection of on-line French tutorials and begin rudimentary language refreshers.

I did not learn American sign language. I had an unpleasant experience with a distasteful human being that made that goal (while something I've always wanted to do) completely out of the question, at least for now.

I did not "finish" learning Photoshop. But it's a huge program capable of so much that I may never finish it. But I studied much more and I know a lot about manipulating digital images, photography and art than I did last year. I also learned a lot more about publishing web pages via Adobe GoLive. So I'm giving myself a qualified yes on this one.

I did finish the bathroom renovation. A couple of minor details are still bothering me, but many people have come over and specifically exclaimed that they love the bathroom and I do too. Now if I could only get someone but me to scrub the toilets I'd die happy.

I did not re-do the kitchen. I replaced some damaged floor tiles. I installed a rolling cart as food storage and a portable bar. I got a stainless steel garbage can and a stainless steel sink installed. A new refrigerator should be delivered in the next couple of weeks. I'm pretty sold on the idea of putting down an actual ceramic tile floor. In process, more to come.

I did go out more. But I kept it to intimate dinners, movies with friends. I still get pretty panicky in a group situation. Although curiously, not when we're all naked. A work in progress.

I did see more theater. Four that I can think of off the top of my head. That's up from none. It's probably more than four but still, I saw Thoroughly Modern Millie, I saw 'night, Mother, I saw some piece of crap about aging prostitutes and another off-Broadway piece, Toxic Audio. I attended a WYSIWYG performance, my review of which caused an overly-sensitive blogger to take extreme exception.

I did not throw more parties. That was a work related post and I got fired. I'm percolating an idea about creating a fundraising concert for HIV/AIDS at my new job. Stay tuned.

I did find a new job on the books. My tax return from just the few months I've worked is well over $1,000. That should finance a delightful vacation. So far, technically I've taken a bit of a pay cut. So my resolution for 2005 is to try to increase my salary at my current job or move on quickly.

I had more sex this year. My sex life has taken a turn. Because of my HIV I many times settled for or prefer mutual sucking/ jo/ buttplay. Anything that results in a cumshot in a condom or on a chest or a smooth white ass. I almost made a misstep and posted that I had gone the entire year without getting buttfucked. Fortunately, the truth about that was in a post quite close to my New Year wrap up from last year. I did, in fact, get buttfucked. Albeit badly. I can at least say that I haven't been buttfucked a year back from today. So that's my New Year's resolution for 2005. I want to be royally screwed. I want to spend an afternoon or night on all fours, on my back, in front of a mirror, bent over a couch. I want to be dicked the fuck down, motherfucker. I want to get fucked, eat, shower and fucked again. I want to fall asleep and wake up as I'm getting fucked. I want to be tied up spread-eagle and get fucked by your fucking hot buddy while you take pictures.

Buttsex. I want it.


No comments: