Thursday, January 27, 2005

I Say Fire This Bigoted, Silly Bitch

I was going to compose a much longer piece regarding our sad little New York City radio station (Hot 97), and their unbelievably stupid decision to air "The Tsunami Song". I vacillated a little mulling it over all day, as I am a long-time on the record advocate of the right to free speech. But I'm sorry, while I haven't changed my opinion, there has to be a time when the rest of the city, the rest of humanity, should be able to collectively rise up and shout "What you're doing is offensive and wrong! You need to stop! Now!" Ridiculing 200,00 human beings being wiped off the face of the earth in a single day calls for just such a reaction. What they did was ugly and indefensible. I urge you to bypass the on-air talent altogether. Send e-mail regarding your opinion directly to the station management. I also support contacting the companies advertising on this station, and urging them to pull their advertising dollars immediately. Nothing gets the attention of the powers that be like a punch to the wallet.

You can get a ton of info and hundreds of worldwide comments at hiphopmusic.com.

You can find a lot of contact info (plus a buttload of silly bullshit) for major sponsors here.

And I did, of course track down an mp3 download of the on-air discussion preceeding one (of a week-long series) of the airings of this patently disgusting piece of garbage.

No comments: