Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Day Off

Today. I have so much to tell you I may have to drop back in later today after I prioritize. For now, I caught a nasty cold. I hoped, because I came down with the flu at the beginning of the season that I might get away with not getting the cold that was circulating around the club. It appears, based on the evidence of the last couple of years that my compromised immune system is, well, compromised. It's been an exhausting and disgusting blend of coughing, sneezing and phlegm (Oh my!). But I've turned the corner and I'm on the mend. So much so that I'm heading for the gym and a (light) workout shortly.

Speaking of which, I'm having some body image problems. I'm probably going to regret this but here goes:

I workout pretty regularly, but you could never characterize me as a bodybuilder. That has never interested me. I've never been interested in getting bigger per se, it's always been about staying (heart) healthy and fit. In addition, as I've gotten older, it's been about trying to avoid gravity making me all saggy. But the other day my boss called me skinny. Skinny? Now I certainly don't think of myself as fat, but skinny? I don't like the sound of that at all, either. Then yesterday (while shirtless) I was told that I "look great". And further, that I'm "seeing a different view of myself". So it seemed to me, since I had some free time and I was still too ill to hit the gym, that I should take some photos and see what I looked like. And I'm still not sure. This is me yesterday. If anything I'm thinking average. Be gentle.

No comments: