Tuesday, May 29, 2007

New Digs

Hi. Welcome back. Hope you had a nice holiday weekend. I certainly did. I spent a good deal of my free time shopping and redecorating the apartment. Bought a new air conditioner and finished painting the baseboards in the living room. I'm far enough along that I moved all the furniture to the new configuration. That meant relocating the TV and DVR cables and wiring. Ditto the phone and all the lamps. All I have left to do is put a fresh coat of paint on the ceiling and finish the window trim. Then I need to put a new coat of polyurethane on the floors and I'm done. Of course, I still haven't picked out the artwork beyond a photo I took of the fountain in the park next door. And I can't decide if I want an area rug but I'm leaning towards no.

Needless to say, all this redecorating seems to have spilled over onto this here blog thingy. It's a work in progress but any new changes should be purely cosmetic. It's spartan, at best, but it's pretty close to what I've been seeing in my mind and I've been wanting to update the header. That picture is from Jones Beach. I love the way the sky looks and it reflects my mood of late. I look into my future and for the first time in ages, I'm hopeful.

Now get back to work.

No comments: