Thursday, May 24, 2007

Hi, Have We Met?

I'm anemic. Don't panic. I've been slightly anemic most of my life. It's shown up on blood tests before, and now it's pronounced enough that I'm currently officially anemic. Which would probably explain why I've been falling asleep at the drop of a hat lately. It's the only minor not good result of what has turned out to be some stellar blood work from yours truly. Not that I had all that much to do with it. I mean, it's my blood, and I do take my meds without fail, and I have been doing all that clean living lately. Come to think of it, I guess I do deserve some credit for my outstanding numbers:

Despite my disturbing ice cream habit and occasional pizza indulgences, I haven't gained a pound and weigh in at a whopping 146.

Blood pressure is textbook perfect.

Blood sugar is fine and my liver is feeling downright frisky. Right smack dab in the middle of normal. You could eat off my liver now.

My HDL (good cholesterol) numbers are "almost freakishly good" according to my health care worker.

Undetectable viral load? Check.

And my T-Cell count you ask? You know I always close with a big number. 445 last time. 821 this time. I kid you not.

There may be something to this sobriety I tell ya. Oh, and I don't have tuberculosis.

No comments: