Saturday, May 05, 2007

Tori, Tori, Tori

Tori Amos did a record release party on the main stage the other day. About 300 people were in attendance, by invitation only. Checking in the crowd made for long lines out front but inside it was surprisingly smooth. I arrived in the late afternoon when Tori had already started her sound check. I didn't watch as I had 5 trainees show up that needed an orientation. I also didn't see the actual performance since I had work to do in the office and I took advantage of the fact that Tori asked that no bar or wait service take place during the performance. Thus, no servers or bartenders for me to keep watch over. By the time I came out to the floor, the 1/2 hr show was over. I hear it was really good. Tori's people were packing up as a crew from MTV was loading in. It seems the final episode of the latest version of Making The Band (Part 5??) was filming that night. Sean Combs was due to arrive but it literally had nothing to do with me so ....FFFFT. I did, however spot a certain celebrity-blogger and confessed Tori-fan in attendance:


-photo via Pink Is The New Blog

No comments: