Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Of Note This Weekend

The Today show piece ran this morning. If you want to see it you can check out the Today Show video page. I'm not sure how to upload it on to this site and quite frankly, I don't have time to figure it out. So check it out while you can. I think it came out great, and the restaurant looks pretty good. I loved seeing the view from the stage as I've never seen it from that angle before. The whole thing seemed very exciting, which, I guess if you've always wanted to sing live on a New York City stage it sorta is. Me, I've already grown used to it and jaded. I repeatedly forget anyone is singing at all unless it's so god-awful it demands my attention. While I'm on the subject, I have to say that you don't know torture until you've suffered through your fourth rendition of "I Like Big Butts". And I now have a deep and abiding hatred for that song with the lyrics: "It's Gettin' Hot in Here, So Take Off All Your Clothes". It's annoying and downright creepy when it's being sung by a pack of 10 year old girls. I'm tempted to tell them all to sit down or I'll call their mothers. Trouble is, their moms are usually either on stage with them or taking pictures.

I had yesterday off, and spent most of it fighting off sleep. Ran a couple of errands and got all the bills paid to date. Today was a day off as well, but I had a quick lunch meeting with the other managers and then a meeting with the servers. It wasn't mandatory, and only about 1/2 of them showed up, but at least they felt like their problems were heard and we got to remind them not to get high in the bathrooms.

Aftterward, I got a shopping itch that hasn't been scratched in far too long. I only bought one shirt (on sale) and one new couch cover (marked down to $4.99 ...I KNOW!). Then with all the money I saved I spent $80.00 in matching pillows. After I got the new pillows on the newly covered couch, I realized how grungy and dirty the old pillows had become. So I laundered the area rugs and all the bed pillows and throws. I picked up my winter dry cleaning and put it in the back of the closet. And now I really feel like spring has sprung here on Second Avenue.

No comments: