Friday, May 04, 2007

But First, This Message ...

What a great day! I had a fantastic Reuben for lunch that I've been craving for a week now. Went shopping at the Home Depot and bought all kinds of crap, cleaning supplies, a new window shade etc. I ran out before I started shopping for a bigger ticket item. *cough* washer/dryer *cough* Must. Resist. It was sunny and cool and I haunted the thrift stores on 23rd st. even though I don't really need anything right now. Stopped off at the Fake N' Bake. Funny that, when this branch opened a couple months ago I was excited because it was closer to the apartment and across from my gym. But I was baffled when the banner went up advertising they would be open 24 hrs. As odd as this city is, who has the urge to grab a tan at 3 or 4 am? And do you want to be open for people who get that urge in the middle of the night? Quite frankly you don't see a lot of tanned nurses and cops around town. Sure enough, it didn't last and they now close at a more reasonable (for NYC) midnight.

After that, I ran across the street and took a hot shower and steam. I popped in to the sauna and massaged my poor tired feet. It was heavenly. Then I came home and swept and mopped the entrance hallway. It has been smelling like dog pee lately. About 1/2 hr after I finished, Mr. Tails squatted and peed right there. Guess that explains the smell. Speaking of dogs (and when am I not?), somebody had a "birthday" of sorts while I was busy working. Since I don't really know when his birthday is I had to pick one, and I decided April 30 would be easy to remember. So even though I have many stories to tell you about the last few weeks, let's take a moment to wish my best friend a very happy birthday. Underbite. Floppy ear. Irresistible, no?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JETHRO BODEEN!!!!!

No comments: