Friday, April 27, 2007

13 Hours

Why, it's a half day for me. Of course, I only slept four hours in between shifts so I'm positively baked. I was supposed to make a schedule today. For the first time, the other managers were supposed to write schedules for other specific departments. I admit I take a bit of smug satisfaction in the fact that neither one of them got their schedules in on time. Guess it's not as easy as one would think. Hmmmmm?

Don't repeat this, but I've been pestered all week by someone from The Post. It seems they want to use my inside track as an avenue to fodder for Page Six. A practice I see nothing wrong with on the surface. I assumed they would be happy with various items for their sightings section, which runs little squibs about who was seen where, what they drank and the like. So I contacted them through an intermediary with my Tyra Banks tidbits. Pretty much exactly as I posted here last week. Unfortunately, the intermediary "tweaked" the information, and added the bald-faced lie that Tyra Banks was drunk. She was not. But my intermediary surmised correctly that the fine folks at The Post would prefer that lie to the truth. Trouble was, they needed me to anonymously confirm the info to cover their asses should Ms. Banks decide to sue. I refused several attempts to get me to contact them and corroborate the story. I have no problem dishing that Tyra was there and she sang karaoke. Badly. But I refuse to lie and say she was drunk. Don't get me wrong, I would repeat it if it were true. But I'm a lady of principle, and I think there's enough people in the press and out of it that are willing to say anything to get their slice of fame. Even vicariously. But I'm already a legend in my own mind and have no need of such tawdry behavior. In the end, good breeding always shows.

No comments: