Monday, April 16, 2007

It's A Monsoon.

But first, The Food Network needs an awards show? Really? I just tuned in and the first presenters were Rachael Ray and Giada de Laurentiis. Together. I hope the stage was appropriately reinforced to sustain their disturbingly over-sized heads.

Anyway, I got home late last night (or early this morning) and the predicted storm had already begun. My feet hurt, I had a tension headache from dealing with computer problems and all manner of Saturday night snafus. The dog could have used a walk, but I just couldn't make it back down the stairs. I made him wait. I know, I'm a bad daddy. I fell asleep almost immediately. I was dozing when the phone rang. It was nearly noon and I answered because I had told the other managers I would take their calls by then. Turns out, it wasn't a manager but one of the waiters. He was calling me at home, waking me out of bed, to tell me that he overslept for work. I pointedly suggested he call work, where I wasn't, instead of my home, where I was. Sleeping. I don't think he got the subtlety.

It's like they think I sit in a box somewhere until I come back in.

In any case, it rained all afternoon. It stopped off and on this evening, but really started to pour again around 10 pm. We had thunder and lightning as well. I stayed home for most of the day, but braved the monsoon when I decided to grab a tan. Vanity knows no weather. I also went down to the East Village in search of a Gay-A meeting that I suspect no longer meets. But after a really stressful weekend I was determined to get to a meeting. It would be my first one in nearly three weeks. I ended up going across town to the GLBT center and took in a meeting there. I dozed off for part of it but it was still very helpful. I'll look for a morning meeting before I go to bed, as I'm turning in early. I was going to go in for a few hours today to get ahead on some work, but between the weather and my own mental health, I decided to skip it. The work will still be there tomorrow.

No comments: