Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Someone's Fired And It Isn't Me!

They shit-canned the CFO today at the restaurant. Which is fine because he was a bit of a dick. He didn't want to count money. Seriously. I mean, it seems to me the money guy would want to count it but not this one. Numbers people are inherently wierd, but he was especially prickly. And he made me look bad the first week of paychecks being issued by arbitrarily leaving people off the payroll when I know I filed their paperwork properly. I'm obsessive/compulsive, I do things the right way. I can't stop myself. I had a stomach ache after that day because I felt like people thought I let them down. We're still playing catch-up on people's pay two weeks later. And I've taken on all of the responsibility for payroll and tip disbursement, as well as some of the work on the private events as far as staffing and the day to day running. We have a private events manager, but I have zero confidence in her when it comes to staffing, payroll or anything that calls for an attention to detail for that matter. And I hear from reliable sources that she makes a shit load of money for doing an all around crappy job. Perhaps it's time to give myself additional responsibilities at an appropriate pay raise.

I had a whole bunch of fucked up dreams the last couple of nights. In one, one of my aunts died. That was no fun. In another, I got drunk and threw up all over my pillows, which I kept trying to hide from a gentleman caller I was trying to entice into my bed. So you know it was a dream as I have no sex life these days. What I do have is reality, and 10 whole weeks of sobriety under my belt.

The monsoon has subsided, although it rained off and on today. They're calling for sun and 60's by the weekend. I bet it's one of those years where we go directly from winter into summer and skip the spring entirely.

No comments: