Thursday, April 12, 2007

Ooops.

Opening shifts yesterday and today. I just realized that meant I was due in at 9 am. Yesterday I strolled in around 9:40. Today I'm shooting for 9:15.

More later. There should be time, the weather's atrocious.



UPDATE: Well I couldn't have been more wrong. I ended up getting to work at 9:50. Later than the day before. Everything that could go wrong did. The toilet clogged, the dog was on my heels all morning (I kicked him in the head twice, an accident I swear but he would not get off me), and I broke a houseplant pot closing a window from the rain. The zipper on my sweatshirt broke and I forgot my cell phone and my Palm. It was pouring rain out and that seems to turn everyone who isn't from New York into a major idiot. Grant me the serenity indeed.

I thought I would have an easy day, but I ended up having to update the staff phone list, and then make next weeks schedule for every department. I worked over 15 hours. The last 5 at my desk the whole time. That's not a complaint. Except for feeling guilty about neglecting the dog, I'm having a ball. I could fall asleep right now, but someone needs a walk before bed. He better pee fast ...

No comments: