Saturday, April 14, 2007

5:40 am

I've been here before. Not in a while, though. And longer still when I was sober. Yet here I am, early Saturday morning. I suppose I could make some breakfast but I'm afraid it would keep me awake. And I do need to grab some sleep before my next shift. And then it's finally my one day off.

I had to fire somebody today right off the floor. That's never fun. And it looks like someone else's head will roll tomorrow for another reason. The staff left the place a minor wreck after work today. We haven't been checking them out before letting them go. I gave them the opportunity to police themselves. Now I have to swoop in and be the bad cop instead. If I have to make them hate me or be afraid of me to get what I want I guess I pick fear. At least they can still fear me and love me at the same time.

Time for bed.

No comments: