Wednesday, April 25, 2007

So Close...

Well, I had today off. Until my shiny new Mint Chocolate phone beeped this morning. One of the managers was sick yesterday, and he really didn't think he could make it in today. I was tempted to pretend my new phone didn't have service just to get out of it, but I remembered how badly I wanted to get home when I was sick a couple of weeks ago. And as inconvenient as it was, I was also mindful of the fact that I no longer have to factor in how crappy I feel from a hangover. Much easier to suck it up and go to work when your head isn't already pounding. So I pretty quickly got over the fact that I just didn't want to give up my only day off. I grabbed a sandwich and walked the dog. I alo made sure everyone knew I gave up my only day off.

I'd really like to get to a Gay-A meeting, I'm not having a crisis or anything but I'd like to get a few meetings in ASAP just to make me feel better. Being in this work, sleep, lunch, work cycle reminds me of how I would come home and have a few drinks just to relax. I almost made it a reward, and I'm reminding myself that it became a crutch and then an awful liability. If I could just get a little time to get to the gym and also get my hair did, I'd at least feel tired but pretty.

At least my new phone is quite beautiful.

No comments: