Thursday, April 05, 2007

In Which I Finally Hit A Wall

Between being completely run-down and an opportunistic stomach bug, I finally crashed and burned today. I woke up thinking I was a little queasy from the pint of ice cream I ate on an empty stomach last night. It went downhill from there. After walking Jet in the morning I thought I would faint after climbing the stairs back home. I recovered enough to make it to work, but not without almost barfing on the subway on the way. I got to work on schedules and paperwork for a while, thinking I would eventually feel better. Instead I finally started to throw up. 3 times before they finally sent me home. Luckilly, we were only scheduled for an easy party tonight, cocktails and passed apps. Even my not ready for prime time staff is equal to that task.

 

 I feel a little guilty but I rarely get sick. And besides, one of the owners went home sick the other day and our entertainment director never even made it today at all. I'm guessing she spent her day with her head or butt in the toilet as I have. I'm taking tomorrow off but plan on working as much as possible from the couch. I should be right as rain by Saturday. It's heading towards midnight and I feel well enough to sit up and bang this out. My roommate rallied behind me and fetched some cold and flu medicine for me and some dog food for Jet. She even poured me a glass of ginger ale to settle my stomach. I didn't eat all day until now, a little won-ton soup and some crackers.

Meanwhile, The NY Post ran a pretty accurate piece about the new restaurant. Read on if you want to see what I've been up to.

No comments: