Sunday, April 22, 2007

Still Around ....

Just ridiculously busy. 12 and 15 hr. workdays leave me very little personal time and no time to write or do much but walk the dog and poop. Me not the dog. I have a little bit of good (and unscandalous) celebrity dish to tell you about. But today I want to take my boyfriend for a walk to the East Village dog run and put fresh sheets on the bed. I e-mailed in to work and made myself unavailable except for emergencies. Don't call except for the three F's. Fire, Flood or someone wants to Fuck me.

UPDATE: Skipped the East Village, it was later than I thought. Ended up at Union Square, the tiny dog run there was not as crowded as I thought it would be but for some reason Jet doesn't like it much. We didn't stay long. Came home and picked up my laundry. I don't mind doing it myself, but I have to say it's one of life's little luxuries to be able to drop off a bag of wash and pick it up clean the next morning. I did take the time to change the sheets as well. Can't wait to climb in to a fresh bed tonight. The dog's fresh too as I took advantage of the warm day to give him a nice bath.

Friday night. After midnight and the restaurant is quite busy but no longer full. Talent agent and producer Benny Medina takes the stage and does a number. After which he intro's a song that he claims he wrote with his "girlfriend". It was all a cute but clumsy attempt to cue up a classic rendition of Proud Mary. Only this one featured back up vocals and a dance assist from Miss Tyra Banks. In the interest of disclosure Medina produces Tyra's show and Tyra is a client. And just so you know, Miss Tyra can't sing, y'all. But she gamely shook her booty during the well known high gear section of the number. She even did a little up against the wall grind, and proved that Miss Tyra can bust a move. It was great fun, and everyone was taking pictures and cheering, cameras and cellphones snapping away. On a side note, right as Tyra was taking the stage, one of the servers asked me to do something for her. I explained that I was about to watch Miss Tyra Banks do kareoke, and she best not interrupt me again. She apologized and found someone else. As it should be.

No comments: