Friday, January 19, 2007

Stormy Weather


Now that I'm better funded I did a little shopping today (big surprise). That usually makes me feel great but instead I'm kind of "blech." Not sure why, aside from the fact that I'm worried about money. I skipped my dental appointment today. I can't justify spending 300.00 on a procedure on a tooth I damaged well over 6 yrs. ago. If something bad was going to happen from it, it probably already would have. I'll go next week, but I'm way more interested in having my teeth cleaned and any cavities filled. Since I'm the patient and it's my mouth that's what we'll do. I just wasn't up for an oral confrontation today. Next week I'm due for my labs as well. That I'm not at all worried about. I'm sure they'll be fine. I was thinking about that the other day. Having my labs done four times a year gives me a great advantage. I know from speaking to other (regular) people and reading their blogs that a lot of people obsess about the state of their health. They imagine all manner of maladies for themselves. I'm absolutely sure that (HIV aside) I'm healthy. No worries there.

So I got Jet a fresh bag of food and a few cans. Figured I'd stock up while I was flush. For myself, I bought a picture frame. I'm gradually replacing all the photos in the house with photos that I've taken, and I'm buying decent frames so they look nicer. This way, all the "art" in the house will be original. I also bought a new saucepan. I'm slowly replacing all the crappy cookware I've been using with new, shiny cookware.

I paid cash for everything as part of my resolve to get my credit accounts under control.

The weather reports tomorrow call for 20-30 mph gusty winds. I detest the cold. I'll need to get the laundry done, but beyond that, I'll probably hole up inside and cook some meals.

Oh, and for the record, I was a professional bartender for almost 15 years. Let me just state unequivocally that during these interviews, Paula Abdul was drunk.

No comments: