Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Form Of ... Um ... Ice ... Cubes


So this Friday (actually the next three Fridays) I'll be having a root canal. I cancelled the procedure back in November because I was chicken and the appointments conflicted with work days. And I assure you, not only will I be numbed up by the dentist, but I will be using my entire pharmacological arsenal to get through it. I don't think I'll be selling any storage solutions those days. My dentist assures me that because I don't currently have an abcess or pain, that the procedure will actually be painless. I did some research on The Internets, and was reassured that this appears to be the case. Still, my Mom suggests that as a precaution I grab ahold of the dentist's balls before he starts working on me. Just to be sure. And that also helps explain why I'm like I am.


In The Life ran a great profile of comic book artist, writer and penciller Phil Jiminez. During the course of preparing my collection for sale, I casually sorted my issues of the Tempest series. During the profile it came to my attention that not only was Jiminez the artist on the series, but that in it he came out in an open letter and tribute to Neal Pozner, Phil's lover who died of AIDS. I won't be selling my copies. Ever.
And despite visions of pizza and ice cream that began plaguing me all night tonight, I managed to stick to another day with few carbs. Whole wheat toast with breakfast. Roasted chicken sans butter and avec sauteed veggies. I've lost a little over three pounds which I don't care about and some backfat which I most decidedly do.

No comments: