Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New Year So Far ...

I woke up New Year's Day without a hangover and I managed a great workout at the gym. The first year I accomplished both things. I'm taking it as a sign of the year to come. I love this time of year at the gym. This is the week that tons of people will show up at the gym in their matching work-out "outfits". They will have brand new I-Pods and unscuffed sneakers. They will be wearing jewelry on the stationary bike. And they will be gone by the end of February.

I am on day four (out of five) back aggressively working out. My shoulders are impossibly sore and I doubt I will be able to uncurl my arms tomorrow at work. Does anyone know if creatine really helps alleviate muscle soreness?

I'm on day two living lower carb. No pasta and no white bread. I snacked today on pistachios and cucumbers instead of Fritos and dip. I cooked another turkey meatloaf with zuchinni and mushrooms, and I made green beans with almonds and sunflower seeds.

In HIV news ... "Salvage therapy" patients find hope with a new integrase inhibitor. 40,000 Americans could benefit.

No comments: