Saturday, January 06, 2007

Paris Is Shooting

"We always be seeing them, and they always be looking at people.... They give you that gay look, like you're a female or something. That ain't cute. People be ready to fight.... I knew something was going to happen to that house." This is the quote that a man gave from the Chicago neighborhood where six people were shot last week. I hope he be enjoying his Burger King job for a long, long time. And I hope he be nice to all the females.

Now comes news that the shootings may have been a result of a rivalry between two houses from local ballroom culture. I thought the whole idea was that you settled your fueds on the runway? So not pretty.

And yes, Slowly I Turn is an old vaudeville routine that's made several memorable appearances on stage and screen. I first saw it done hilariously in an I Love Lucy episode where the trigger word was "Martha". Here's the best history I found, including why Niagara Falls always makes me think of it.

Oh, and take-out Chinese has officially been banned for Gay and Lesbian parents.

No comments: