Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I'm Solvent ...

Finally! I sold some stock (in actuality, I just took the profits from last year off the table) last week. It takes a few days for the transaction to "settle". Meaning they hang on to your money to make a little extra off it. It's business. But then it takes another business day to transfer it to my account. And coincidentally I made the transaction spot on to coincide with not just a weekend, but a holiday weekend. I've been living off of less than 20 dollars for three days. It basically sucked. Thank god I had plenty of pork chops and Milkbones.

The deposit finally plopped in to my checking account this morning. I paid some bills for the week. And happily, I also get a paycheck on Friday.

It's 19 degrees out and Jet's whining for a walk. 19! I think I'll put the apartment keys and leash in his mouth and see how he does.

Addendum: The cold walk wasn't that bad. Actually, several layers of shirts and a pair of long underoos and a knit cap pretty much did the trick. I did however witness a real-life illustration of a "big steaming pile of poo". So there's that.

No comments: