Thursday, October 05, 2006

A Revelation

So I never did get around to recapping the weekend with my brother and sister in-law. Truth to tell, nothing overtly dramatic happened per se. Several meals, some nice conversation. As I've said before, they don't have a lot of outside interests. Don't get me wrong, I was very happy to see them.

What was unexpected was that I flashed on their visit last year. I managed to dig up the relevant post in the archives. I was in the midst of a depression. I was still adjusting to the meds. Even though my Dr. at the time insisted the medication I was on couldn't be giving me problems emotionally, I was in such bad shape that I will never believe that.

What struck me during this visit was how far I had come. I. Feel. So much better. My energy level is back to normal. I exercise regularly and my appetite is great. I remember during their last visit, I could barely get through a dinner with my brother. I was ready to jump out of my skin. This time, I was relaxed and eager to see them.

Things aren't perfect. I'm still having some side effects... in the bathroom area... that I plan on discussing during my next Dr. visit this month. But the best part of my brother's visit this time was the fact that I ended up realizing just how far I've come and how really good I've been feeling.

Besides the new job, there's a whole mess of shit going down. Bring it. You can't touch me.

-Also- It's been on my mind that I haven't done some new self photos. I have a new head of long(ish) hair. It's my version of a rejection of the Chelsea buzz cut. And I've upped my cardio and lower body work lately. The result? My ass be lookin' fine. It needs to be documented with some photographs.

No comments: