Tuesday, October 03, 2006

It's On!

I passed the free junk pile at the bottom of the stairs this morning (afternoon). It had dwindled to almost nothing. The surfboard stayed overnight and part of yesterday, before it ended up out by the trash. I'm sure some enterprising scavenger took it to turn it into a coffee table. The NY coffee mug finally was deemed desirable. It pleased me that it might find a good home.

So I was pleasantly surprised that someone got the joke and decided to play along. I had popped out to the gym tonight, I managed to do 1/2 hour of cardio before stopping because I got ravenously hungry. When I got home I was surprised to find additions to the pile. A caulking gun, a DJ turntable and a soccer ball. I happily responded with the ukulele. The sad little can of Del Monte mixed vegetables is on the left.

It takes so very little to amuse me.



In other news:

I assume I told you about Jet's problem with leaking. If not, shortly after I got him
I discovered that he had a problem with leaking urine. If he curled up on the couch he left behind a wet spot after he finally moved. At night, he would leave a considerably larger wet spot on my bed. You would think this would make me try to not let him sleep on the bed. Not so much. I did look the problem up on The Internets, and deduced it may have been a problem from when he was neutered. My mom asked a vet that she met once and as I had heard, it was possible that he would grow out of it. If not, there were some medications we could try. Well, I'm happy to report he has indeed seemingly grown out of it. I noticed it last week but thought it was a fluke. It's been over a week now. Sometimes he leaves a little spot behind, but compared to before, it's like a bit of drool. And since it's been over a week since I posted a picture...

No comments: