Saturday, October 07, 2006

I'm Pooped

I spent all of last night working the overnight shift at my new job. They want you to get a sense of how the store is re-stocked and I assume an appreciation of how hard the night crew works. While it's not life-altering, it is exhausting. A lot of carrying and bending and stretching. The crew unloaded a truck full of merchandise, separated it by department, transported it into the departments and then unpacked and put it on the shelves for sale to the customers. Perfect work for a Type A organization freak like me. I'm glad it's not a regular part of my job, but I may do it on occasion for extra hours. I started at 9:45 last night and finished at 5 am this morning. I walked home in the dark and quiet. Of course, my boy needed one last walk after 7 1/2 hours alone. So there I was, wide awake at 6 am watching the morning news. Ambien and vodka to the rescue. I was out by 7 am. Thank you blackout shades.

I finished the last of the four books I picked out for the summer. They took a little longer than I thought. I enjoyed them all for different reasons. I'll try to put up some reviews next week for each of them. I was going to hit the gym but I think all the energy I have today is to take Jet out to the run and let him sniff some dog butt. Maybe a movie later.

And here's a link for my fellow fags and the dogs they love: Check out Gentlemans Canine Society. It's a great site.

Ha! courtesy of Will, I just took the quiz What American City Are You? I'm Vegas, Baby!



You Are Las Vegas



Wild and uninhibited, you enjoy all of life's vices.

You're a total hedonist, especially with sex, gambling, and drinking.

You shine brightly every night, but you do the ultimate walk of shame each morning.



Famous Las Vegas residents: Wayne Newton, Howard Hughes, Penn & Teller, Siegfried & Roy



No comments: