Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Real, Real World

So I ducked in to a movie theater thinking about taking in a film and beating the heat. I sometimes leave things in the hands of fate, and indeed I took it as a sign that the movie I wanted to see was starting in 5 minutes. The movie? The Devil Wears Prada. My review? Loved it! Meryl Streep was twitchy and actor-y and very very Meryl. I was obviously the only big gay around me in the theater as some laughs drew outright guffaws from me. And the clothes! The thigh high leather boot ensemble? To. Die. For. It was a homo wet dream I tell ya'. Why are you still reading? Go!



Still here? Good 'cause I'm not done. I got in to the theater in time for the trailers. Two things I noticed. They've made a movie based on the book of one of my favorite authors Augusten Burroughs. Running With Scissors opens this fall, I think, and it looks like a pretty faithful adaptation of the book which I'm only 3/4 of the way through but quite enjoying. I found an old trailer. The new one is better.



About the title of this post. I found three things online, all Real World related. Another trailer they ran was for a film called The Last Kiss. The actual trailer was eh, but of note is that one of the lead characters is being played by former Real World-er (London cast) Jacinda Barrett. I've always thought of her as Nicole Kidman lite, but she seems to be getting roles.

Second, former Real World-er (Miami cast) and big old 'Mo Dan Renzi was recently interviewed by Best Gay Blogs. I like what he had to say about keeping it simple and small. Blogs, that is.

And deliciously, current Key West Real World-er, anorexic, depressive and burgeoning problem drinker Paula Meronek was arraigned on a misdemeanor assault charge after a drunken domestic dispute that culminated in her biting her boyfriend as he attempted to keep her out of the house. How's that therapy working out for ya' Paula?

Blood work results tomorrow. I hope my two T-Cells are OK.

No comments: