Friday, July 21, 2006

In The News

Yin:

Heartbreaking news. Christiane Amanpour over-enunciates a report out of Africa, UN estimates over 12 MILLION AIDS orphans in sub-Saharan Africa alone.

Yang:

The Bill and Melinda Gates AIDS foundation announced a 287 million dollar funding that will go to 16 research projects in 19 countries looking to find an AIDS vaccine.

Locally:

John Catsimatidis, owner of the Gristedes chain of grocery stores, is reportedly a major contributor to the campaign of scumbag Senator and buttsex froth Rick Santorum. Two words. Food Emporium. Seriously. As a fag who spends a lot of money, I protest with my credit card.

Gay City News ran a story with the following headline:

"House Takes Up Dead Marriage Amendment"

Now, I'm about as liberal or libertarian a gay as you can be. I'm on record as saying that I think gay marriage is stupid, and as of now, I couldn't be less interested. But I support the right of others to do so. By support, I mean give lip-service to it without putting myself out in any way. But I simply cannot and will not support the issue of dead marriage. I'm sorry gays, aside from the obvious benefits inherent of a partner in a permanent state of rigor-mortis, and mindful of the fact that marrying the dead means you automatically win every argument and always get to pick the restaurant for dinner, I simply must object to dead marriage. I've been in more than one, and they never work out.

No comments: