Monday, July 31, 2006

At Least It Was Only His Hand

June 6, 2006 -An unnamed New York City man survived, but had his hand partially severed, when he wandered down the tracks at the City Hall subway station to relieve himself, only to lose the hand when a train sped by in the darkness.

I spent the entire day hiding out from the heat. I went absolutely crack-a-licious. I've organized all my music CD's. I tossed any software I didn't need anymore, organized my PC games and catalogued all the instructions. I separated all the remaining software and organized it by their storage cases. All of my movie and TV CD's are in one place and all in cases. I edited down my collection of T-Shirts and threw out anything I haven't worn yet this summer. I did a hard reset to my Palm and repaired the photo storage software glitch. Then I downloaded a buttload of music to the player. Oh, and I found a free MP3 ripper and converted some old music CD's to MP3 format. Then I created and filled up an MP3 file. I can't take the credit for it, but somehow I got the new printer I got for Christmas to install properly on my computer and my laptop. Now if I can only figure out how to enable remote printing. Not that I need it, I'm just obsessed. Geek out Y'all! Then I figured out the bills for the roommates and started a few blog posts in advance.

If that wasn't enough I finally put together Jet's doggie stroller. It's the cutest. thing. ever! It's got a basket underneath for SHOPPING! And it came with a detachable cover to close off the mesh when it rains. Jet is off the harness now and just walking with a leash. We've gotten to know each other well enough that I can communicate with him by a little tug or a voice command. Our walks are much more peaceful now but he still makes me laugh every day. In any case, I'm not sure yet of the best way to get him to like the stroller. Somehow I have to make him associate it with "fun". I'll figure it out.

Oh, and Malaysian car thieves steal a finger.

No comments: