Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Oh The Pain, The Pain Of It All

Begone you bubble-headed boobie!

Not my favorite day. The brightest spot, I got a full refund for the tickets and bus passes from the failed trip to Hurricane Harbor. A big shout out to Mark Nelson for graciously refunding not only the bus tickets but the park tickets as well. They were still useable, but quite frankly I don't have as big a desire to run around a water park with children and heteros. I know, I know. I'm heterophobic. Sue me. I don't hate the straights, I just don't like to be around them in large groups. (P.S. Not only is Mark Nelson a stand up guy, but godAMMIT is he a blond hunk of hot man.) Now, a prudent man would have put the money back in the bank to pay off the credit card bill due in three days. I failed the test. At least I didn't spend it yet. Well, not all of it.

I'm also in hella-pain. My back is normal sore from working out. I upped my shoulder routine by around 10 lbs. all around. Those muscles that you use to shrug with? Ow. Turns out I shrug a lot. To further the damage to my old body, I did a half hour of cardio on an elliptical machine that totally kicks my ass. The result? Assus Kickuss ensued. Brilliantly, my hamstrings and tendons in the back of my legs were already a little tender. So of course I didn't stretch before or after. That would be prudent. I could barely get down the stairs today. On an unrelated note, that butthole/prostate pain I was experiencing several months ago? It's back. I felt a spasm as I was walking across town and by the time I got to the gym to "check it out" I had had a series of painful spasms and sure enough, felt some swelling. I put traffic cones and an "out of order" sign across my hole. Beyond all that I've had a headache and blurred vision most of the day and I just might be coming down with a summer cold. I've been noticing when I get all whiny like this, with multiple symptoms, it usually means I'm coming down with something. The nice thing is that based on my recent test results, I'm just maybe normal sick. And whiny. But I'll get better.

I've been on the acidolphous and enzyme supplements to try and right my digestive woes for a little over a week. No luck so far but I heard it can take a few weeks, so since I'm not suffering any adverse effects, I'll keep at it.

Apropos of nothing, I hate walking the dog on recycling night. There's so much garbage in so many bags and he has to stop and sniff. every. one. When all I'm really focused on is getting him to poop. Eyes on the prize, as it were. The only good part, is occasionally someone will throw out an odd piece of furniture or cabinet Jet has never seen before. If he's unsure he gets low to the ground and starts to growl as he approaches the killer wingback chair. At which point I reassure him and walk up to it first and put my hand on it or sit down. The result is he walks right next to me for the rest of the walk as I'm the bravest smartest Daddy in the whole wide world. What can I say? (shrug) Ow.

No comments: