Friday, March 10, 2006

Hit The Reset Button

I decided to go ahead and unveil the new look even though it's not perfect. It's sort of in keeping with my own life right now. Different, much improved but still flawed. I'm happy that I'm finally able to more prominently link my internet buds on the main page. And I like that the title picture is one I took, and a pretty accurate reflection of what I think the blog has become, or is becoming, it's too soon to call.

Unfortunately for now, the archive links aren't working. I'm investigating and I've sent a help flare up to the Blog Powers That Be. They used to be very responsive before they got swallowed up by Google. We'll see.

I'm into my 3rd book this year and also just started a 4th. The former is Blackwood Farm, an effort by Anne Rice. I got to page 150 and the next page didn't make any sense at all. That's because that page is 183. 33 pages are missing from inside the book. Fortunately, because it's Rice it's probably 33 pages of descriptions of a room or a house or the smell of a garden that have absolutely nothing to do with the actual plot of the book so no matter. Indeed, page 184 feels like I haven't missed a thing.

I have more to tell you but it's unseasonably warm out and I'm going to get dressed and go play.

Update: Hurrah! The archives be fixed. Just some fucked up settings. Managed to dope it out without any help. Ow! I hurt my shoulder patting myself on the back. If I could kiss my own ass I'd never leave the house.

No comments: