Monday, March 19, 2007

Sunday Is Supposed To Be A Day Of Rest.

Instead I painted part of the living room. First I took down some shelving and spackled all the holes. FYI they sell a newfangled spackle that is pretty much instantly dry and ready for painting assuming you're just covering up little nail holes. Perfect for impatient types like myself. I had to lighten the custom shade I bought pre-mixed at my local hardware store for $4.99, but it came out exactly how I pictured it. I guess you'd call it a light purple. It's one of my favorite colors. Very forgiving dirt-wise and so befitting a Duchess. I had more than enough paint for two coats. Next I have to pry the mirrors off that I attached to the only unpainted wall. That wall will be a light shade of pink. Trust me, I know what I'm doing.

I also took Jet out to the park and brushed him for 1/2 hour. You would not believe how much hair I pulled off him. I could have done more but he started to lose patience. I even lifted up his dog collar and brushed the hair around his neck. He must have liked it. He made the same noise I make when some guy sticks his tongue up my butt.

While I was at the hardware store I bought a large planter pot. One of the plants in my kitchen is thriving and I thought it would benefit from a new home. I also relocated it to another room. I'll have to keep an eye on it. One of the best ways to kill a plant is to give it a new home it doesn't enjoy.

I also spent the morning customizing my PC. Here's a couple of free fun programs, particularly if you have MAC envy:

Stardock: ObjectDock is a nifty download. You can duplicate the MAC dock and customize it accordingly. You can even replace your start bar entirely if you wish. Plus, it's cool.

Style XP is a great download. You can download and install free XP themes. It will default download and install the MAC Panther theme. Brushed metal is sexy. Plus, I got that little blue apple down in the corner instead of the start button. And I didn't have to spend $1,500.00.

There are lots more ways you can make your PC more MAC-like. I like to trick out my desktop and settings periodically to keep from getting bored. Try a Google search and see what pops up.



This blog post was brought to you via Windows Live Writer (Beta). It's finally working correctly and set to post directly via my Blogger site. I like it now that it's working.

No comments: