Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I Hope It's Feed A Cold ...

I had a fever all night last night and the accompanying wacked out dreams. I had an appointment this morning and kept waking up every hour thinking I had slept through the alarm. The apartment was freezing and my cold made it worse. I took a super-hot as I could stand it shower until the heat warmed me through. Unfortunately, my trip into Midtown was as cold as could be. I came right home, had a sandwich and collapsed on the couch. The coffee table hadn't been delivered and I just watched TV, organized my mail, talked to mom and waited. And waited. And had soup. It was 7 pm before I took the dog on a trip downstairs to see if maybe there was a notice on the door. I would have been disappointed because UPS is usually pretty reliable. As it turns out, the UPS truck was in it's delivery spot for my block. Just as Jet was getting ready to walk, the delivery man wheeled up to my apartment.

I got back from the walk and hauled the box upstairs. I was supposed to go to a Gay-A meeting but I opted to start putting the table together. I thought I would have time to do both. I was wrong. I skipped my first Gay-A meeting today. In my defense, I'm sick and wasn't up for a trip across town or even to the East Village. And besides, I'm shooting for 90 meetings in 90 days, not 90 days of meetings. The last two weeks I went to two meetings on both Thurs. and Fri. So technically, I banked a few meetings for just such an occasion. Did I mention I was sick? *sniffle*.

The coffee table looks great! I was afraid that it wouldn't be sturdy for such a low price, but it's way sturdier than the junky old one. And the corners don't have doggy chew marks on it either. Nor will they if he values his stubby tail. I painted two pieces of furniture to match and the living room looks much better already. That's without wall paint or a fresh coat of polyurethane for the floor. Once I finished assembling the table, I visited with my roommate for a bit, ran out for dog food for my boy and made a nice piece of fish with leftover pasta. I washed it down with half a pint of Haagen-Dazs. I may have a cold, but my appetite appears unaffected. Nor does my constant whining about the cold seem to have any affect on my ability to enjoy fattening frozen desserts.

Oh yeah! I've been meaning to tell you ... I'm not much for video games. I have no XBox 360 and the only Wii I take is the one that wakes me up at 7 am. But I do have one or two PC games. The usual suspects, Spider-Man, The X-Men, a couple of Star Trek games. I do have a few free games on my system as well. I like the free games because they're usually fairly easy to play because ... well... they're free. I just missed the age of video games so I'm sorely lacking in skills. I do have a joystick, but I was born with it. And it does provide many moments of joy. If not for others certainly for me. Here's a couple of free games I've found. Free. No sign-ups, no gimmicks. Just download, install and play. You'll be glad you did next time you're stuck at home sick.

Highway Pursuit -courtesy of Adam Dawes.com. You try to keep your car on the road. Bad guys try to knock you off.

Penguin Adventure - His Mom was kidnapped by evil polar bears. He can run, jump and slide on his belly in his quest to find her.

No comments: