Saturday, March 10, 2007

Eww! Gross!

More gross than my feminine hygiene joke. Which I thought was brilliant, by the by. Anyway, Jet is throwing up. This afternoon he puked his meal up, on the couch. I didn't see or hear him do it and I came thisclose to sitting in it. I changed the slipcover and hand washed one of the pillows. Tonight after I got home I was perusing some blogs and heard him retching. Problem was he was on my bed. Turns out he's a fairly quiet puker. I rushed over just as god knows what came out in a huge chunky mass. He managed a bonus round before I could shoo him off the bed. He then proceeded to jump on the couch and bring some more up. I can't really get mad, he obviously has some sort of doggie stomach bug. Why my dog prefers to throw up on upholstered furniture and not a more convenient hardwood floor is beyond me. I guess for the same reason he can only poo in dirt or grass. And I'm not sure what he ate, since I hadn't fed him since the morning. Oh well, I guess the bed linens were due for a change anyway. Needless to say my laundry bag is completely and prematurely full.

My new employer called this evening. Finally. I was at a Gay-A meeting so I missed it but I'm supposed to call in tomorrow. I'm assuming we'll arrange a meeting or discuss salary/schedules etc. over the phone. I have a couple hundred dollars that I'll need to streeeeeetch out until I get a paycheck. It would help if I could cut down on laundry bags full of vomit crusted furniture covers.

No comments: