Sunday, March 11, 2007

I Can't Believe I Almost Forgot Again!

I guess it was all the distractions with the job interviews and the Gay-A meetings. But I almost missed a momentous occasion. Wednesday, March 7 came and went and I forgot to note that it's been 4 years since my HIV diagnosis. How time flies when you're gulping down pills! If you want to read all about the fun and frolic involved with an HIV diagnosis, by all means go to the first month of archives (I would link back for you, but those early posts don't seem to have link info for me to grab) back where it all began. Then come on back and wish me a happy belated POZiversary. I don't think my virus looks a day over 2.

In other news ...

I know it's last minute, but if you're around town today and at a loss for something to do, here's a couple of options:

If my deluge of Gay-A posts have you intrigued, or you're worried about your drinking or have a thought that maybe sobriety could be an option for you, you can check out Manhattan Share-A-Day. It's an all day event comprised of 40+ open meetings, as well as 12 step workshops, information about Spanish AA as well as Al-anon and Al-a-teen. It's free and runs from 9 am - 5 pm. Details and directions are here.

SIN NY (The activity/meeting group for HIV+ men in NYC) is holding a Boardgame & Pot Luck Event on Sunday from 12 noon - 4 pm. This is also a free event. You can bring a game or food (kitchen facilities are available for heating) or just come down and meet some fun, friendly POZ guys in a more casual setting. Details are below:

Date: Sunday March 11, 2007

Time: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm

Location: Westbeth Community Room, 155 Bank Street (Btw the West Side Highway and Washington Street in the West Village)

GAME LIST (Partial): Loaded Questions, Moods, Scrabble, Boggle, Wit's End, Pop5, Loaded Questions, Carcassonne. Please feel free to bring additional games; last time we had Uno, Truth-or-Dare Jenga, traditional 52-card.

Whatever you decide to do, it's a gorgeous sunny Sunday in NYC. Pull on some kicks and your favorite jeans (I recommend going commando on Sunday) and get yer ass out of the house. So says the Duchess!

No comments: