Sunday, March 25, 2007

Hello. I Must Be Going.

Just set the alarm for 6 am. I need to be at work at 8:00. Tomorrow we start training the new staff at 10:00. We have a welcome speech by one of the owners. And then computer training for servers and bussers. Then bartenders. Then host orientation. Then steps of service for the servers and runners. That's all before the lunch break. After lunch, in addition to all the training, there'll be a musical run-through for the dancers for Tuesday's private party in addition to a sound check. As well as sanding, wallpapering, retail sales training, main bar set-up, food tasting and a host of other things that need to be accomplished. I don't expect to be back home much before 9:00. Tuesday should be even longer.

Apropos of nothing I passed SNL alumnus Rachel Dratsch outside the Food Emporium at Union Square today. She's incredibly tiny. Almost pocket-sized. Why are TV people all so unexpectedly small? I'm starting to wonder if Mikell's theory that they really are inside the little box may be true.

Apologies in advance if I disappear for a bit. Not drinking, just busy.

No comments: