Sunday, November 05, 2006

She's Plumb Tuckered Out

It doesn't happen too often, but occasionally at my job we have an all staff meeting. It needs to happen when we're closed, and they've picked before we open. I of course would prefer after we close. So it was that I got up this morning at 5:30 am. So that I could walk the dog around 6 and leave for the meeting around 7 am. That would be 0700 to some people. To me, it's "hit me in the head with a shovel o'clock". Two hours later, I did manage to stumble through a 1/2 hour of cardio at the gym and then stopped back home to grab some grub and walk Jet again.

Then it was back to work for my regular shift. On Sundays I'm supposed to be on the sales floor but I'm finding we're usually so busy that I end up spending most of the day on a register. 70 thousand dollars is a lot of storage and shelving.

The nicest part of the day was when I was on my lunch break. I mentioned that I was planning on going to Buffalo for Thanksgiving, but I wasn't looking forward to putting Jet in a kennel. That's when one of the people I work with that commutes from Jersey offered to house and dog-sit for free, in order to have a weekend in the city with her boyfriend. SWEET!

I'm booking my plane tickets tomorrow. But now I'm going to bed. The Duchess is exhausted.

No comments: