Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Pay Attention

I'm going to set aside my vanity and relay some important information. If you are HIV+ and are taking Kaletra you may be experiencing diarrhea. I have every day for over a year. Most times several times a day. It was inconvenient and demoralizing. I tried everything to stop it. I changed my diet several times. I quit drinking coffee. I took enzymes and acidolphous supplements. My health care provider suggested Tums. I also tried liquid Immodium from the drugstore. Nothing worked.

My current provider suggested I try Loperamide. It happens to be Immodium in pill form. I have no idea why it's better than the liquid. My prescription calls for me to take it every 6 hrs. I found twice a day is better. The point is it worked. Finally. I'm not promising that this is the answer for you. I'm saying it worked for me. Don't give up.

Surviving HIV is important. But your quality of life is too. If you have issues, ask questions. Do research. Don't accept that what you're experiencing is what you have to put up with. It took over a year, but my life is now ... so. much. better.

No comments: