Saturday, November 18, 2006

Midnight On Friday

And I just popped a turkey meatloaf in the oven. Fuckin' hot, huh? I'm also enjoying a bottle of wine.

For those unaware, every year after the 3rd Thursday of the month a marketing trick, I mean tradition, takes place. Millions of bottles of frog juice wash ashore here in America. And nobody likes to be marketed to like New Yorkers. Thus, the signs go up all over town "Le Beaujolais Nouveau est arrive". I know the "e" needs one of those accent thingies, I don't know how. I usually just ignore the hype as I do prefer my Pinot Grigio or a robust Merlot.

But today I was in TJ's Wine Shop picking up some Barefoot and "two buck chuck" (for COOKING) and what did I come upon? Cases and cases of Beaujolais. Directly in front of me. It appears that Le Beaujolais Nouveau est arrive (accent thingie) ici, aussi. How could I resist? My verdict? I can't compare it to the well-regarded 2003 because it's my first bottle but while I'm sure it goes well with both turkey and turkey meatloaf, it's also enjoyable if you're just making a turkey meatloaf for later, instead of just getting drunk at a gay bar. I multi-task like that. Cheers.

No comments: