Sunday, November 19, 2006

A Martha Moment

Plus other stuff.

A mild depression has set in. It doesn't feel serious and I'm pretty sure of the cause. Money. Or rather the lack thereof. Also, while nobody was looking, fall fell here in the city. I've discussed my seasonal depression before. It actually was nowhere near as bad this year. I think it was offset by my celebration/anticipation of so many positive changes in my life. Plus I'm totally looking forward to being with my family next week. I don't even think I need to crack the clonazepam. But I will if that changes.

Some people veg in front of the TV or take long walks when depressed. I clean. Usually very obscure, I've been meaning to get to things. To wit:

I Oxycleaned all the shears in the apartment. I was afraid the white shears in the alley window wouldn't clean up. Between the location and the fact that they spent the summer blocked by a never used A/C unit (don't ask), they were black on the bottom. But clean up they did. Every success feels like I've shaken off an old burden. But it's also adding to the melancholy.

Then I went after the greasy grimey pots and pans. In the interest of consumer reports, Easy Off oven cleaner is great for getting baked on grease off of baking sheets and pans. Just make sure you're in a well-ventilated area (gasp). This product? Not so much. Doesn't work. Nope. Sorry.

I've been astounded at the size and beauty of the falling leaves. I guess because I'm spending so much time in the park this year. I was about a week too late, but I snapped some pictures in the park. They looked even better than this, but the oak leaves are bigger than my hand, and when they first fell, it was a carpet of reds and golds and greens that only nature could manufacture.



Of course, someone couldn't resist posing for the camera. Turned out to be a great picture.



In the good news department, I sold over $40 in comics this week. A new high. Every week I learn more about the comic sellers market and how to set good fair prices. This may turn out to be a decent side business for me. Baby steps people.

No comments: