Sunday, November 12, 2006

She's A Busy Bee

So I pretty much have the apartment organized and cleaned to my satisfaction. I still have part of a closet in my bedroom to sift through. I threw out some old electronics I'd forgotten I was keeping, as well as files of promotions and ads from old bar jobs I'd done. No one has ever asked to see them and I've never used them to refresh my memory or give me an idea. The hardest thing to keep up on has been the dog hair. Jet really does shed a ridiculous amount of hair. Granted, I don't brush him often enough but christ, his hair gets everywhere.

I took advantage of the extra room and doubled my closet space. And I also had the chance to really spread out and dig into my comic book collection. I now have a really good idea of what I have here. Basically, all my post 1980 comics are here. Which means that my parents are holding my much more valuable pre-1980 collection at their house. Still, I found some interesting little gems that will be up for sale in the coming weeks.

I didn't work out at the gym this whole week. Well, that's a lie I did 1/2 hr. of cardio on Friday and maybe one other day. But I work out pretty much religiously and feel extremely guilty when I start to slack off. I have to remind myself that a lot, a lot of people don't get any exercise at all, and my missing a week isn't such a big deal. It's not like I'll devolve into a blob or anything.

I got my first real paycheck on Friday. A good indication of what I can expect every two weeks. It was satisfying to earn money, and a relief to have my checking account bolstered by many hundreds of dollars. But it's obvious that one of two things has to happen. I need a roommate or I have to find a way to double my income. A second job is a possibility. I wish it was fifteen years ago. I'd just sell my hot tight ass a few times a month. There's just not much market for a 40-something prostitute.

No comments: