Tuesday, April 18, 2006

You Know It's A Bad Day

You know it's a bad day when a homosexual with a serious shopping disorder and an extra hundred dollars burning a hole in his pocket spends all afternoon wandering around the shops on lower Broadway, and only finds one lousy pullover to buy. And even that was only because it was ridiculously cheap and would also look good with jeans. What is there for a bored and no longer horny Duchess to do but make a turkey meatloaf?

Wait. I almost forgot!
- Jake over at NOFO recently posted his intent to run the Chicago AIDS marathon in October. He has started to raise money in hopes of collecting $2500 in pledges to benefit the AIDS Foundation of Chicago. Sounds like a pretty worthy cause to me. I've never met the Jake-ster and he reads whiter than Wonderbread, but pretty darn nice, and he has in fact made me shoot milk out my nose on more than one occasion. So for that fact alone I will happily shill for him and urge you to pop over, scroll down to the AIDS Marathon logo and click on the link. Spare a twenty, maybe? C'mon, you know you want to.

Oh my gayness, not only did I make a sinfully moist (!) turkey meatloaf but while that was baking up all brown and delicious I whipped up a pasta with onion, mushroom, zucchini and squash, all tossed in a creamy pesto. I have meals cooked for days. Why am I single?

No comments: