Saturday, February 12, 2005

An Early Birthday Gift

Although it's not for another week, I got me an early birthday present yesterday, in the form of the results of my latest blood work. I was dreading my Dr. appointment yesterday as my last one didn't go well and the possibility of putting me on HIV medication had been raised. In the interim, I had managed to resign myself to the possibility. But I was hoping it wasn't going to be the case. My hope based on the fact that after a rough winter, I have truly been feeling pretty good of late. Not for nothing, but after 40+ years in this body, I know what's what inside, and I was girding for a fight as I was planning to insist on more tests before I agreed to start HIV meds.

Turns out, I was right. My cholesterol, liver, kidneys, blood pressure are all normal. My blood sugars are fine. I'm not anemic. I don't have syphilis. I repeat: no syphilis (I'm just sayin'...). Apparently, my body is truly enjoying the testosterone replacement therapy, as my free testosterone levels read at 241 (up from 30). Anyone wanna fuck? We talked about cutting my dosage in half but I think that I've finally adjusted to the increase and my irritability has gone back to my normal level of always mildly irritated. But the aggressive, and horribly dark mood I was in seems to have passed.

Most importantly, my TCells have rebounded nicely. I got 450 of the little fuckers. Right back where I was in August of last year. The only hiccup in all of this is that my viral load tripled to 170,000 (give or take), but my doctor and I both think that based on the other test results, this is just a spike that should right itself. The viral load test in and of itself is an inexact marker anyway. Just to be sure, I did another viral load test before I left.

The upshot of it all is that I got prescriptions for continuing the testosterone replacement (to maintain my rock hard 8 inch cut cock, ... I'm just sayin'...) and the anxiety meds (at the current levels, with no increase, as feeling moderately nuts seems normal for me).

It's not time for the HIV meds for now. I'm OK. I thought I was OK, but it's nice to have proof.

No comments: