Thursday, February 03, 2005

As The Light (Fucking Finally!) Pierces The Darkness

I was dreading having the kids take off for Cali and leave me alone. I've been in such a precarious mental state of late, that I was afraid of just being with me, only. Turns out it was just what I needed. I didn't just survive it, I thrived. I had plenty of time to be alone with my thoughts and consider where I am and what is really and truly going wrong. I had a chance at several self counseling sessions. A skill that has come in handy over the years. I'll probably expand on this post in the coming weeks, but suffice it to say I had a bunch of moments of clarity over the last few days, and I'm finally feeling better. Stronger. And very much more peaceful. I know what I need to do now.

On a completey unrelated note, several fellow bloggers have printed shots from this photoshoot. Apparently, if you're closer to 20 than 40, this qualifies as hot. I guess he grew pubic hair or something. To which I say: eww, shave! In any case, he'll be performing at The Club (No Lucy, you can't be in the show) on Feb 19th. That's my birthday.

No comments: