Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Happy Valentime's Day

Well, no boyfriend to speak of. So I didn't get any chocolate or candy. Which is cool because I prefer a bag of pistachio nuts anyway. Still, it would have been nice to get my hole tickled. Maybe next year.

Oleta Adams did two shows in the club tonight (No Lucy, you can't be in the show). The first time I ever heard her version of "Get Here" I cried like a fuckin' woman. Shortly after she went on stage for the first show I peeped on her set list sitting on the sound board. Get Here was second last. I didn't cry. But it was fucking beautiful. She covered First Time Ever I Saw Your Face. The lady has some lungs. And she still looks fantastic. Her second show was almost completely different. But she still did "Get Here" again. I scored a couple of seats for The Hellcat and a friend of his. So I tucked in to the table with them when she repeated the number. The hair on my arms stood up and while I still didn't cry, when she brought the audience to their feet half-way through the number, I knew I was in the presence of a true artist.

No comments: